Friday 11 July 2014

More relaxing in Caye Caulker

Today was pretty similar to Thursday. Initially I had planned to go on a snorkelling trip today – in fact, I had paid for it and was all ready to go. However, the person who was leading the trip told me that he had to go to hospital (in Belize City – there are no hospitals in Caye Caulker) as his father was ill and was being transferred from that hospital to another one.

Instead, I would be staying in Caye Caulker and doing the snorkelling trip the following day. I didn’t mind about this as I was staying in Caye Caulker for a bit longer anyway.

I therefore spent the day in a similar fashion to the day before – I did some reading and spent time at the Split – relaxing and going for a swim.

    



I also found out that the friend I had made on the way to Lake Atitlan was coming to Belize the following day. She was going to be going in the same direction as me – to South Belize and then back into Guatemala and so we decided that we would travel together.

The evening was mainly me sitting with others from the hostel chatting and enjoying the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment