Friday 27 June 2014

Successes at Casa Maria

In the morning I made my way to Casa Maria. The number of patients we saw this time was significantly less than previously. The patient with the suspected dermatobia seemed to have a healing wound with no signs of the protruding dermatobia. Other patients seemed to be recovering well with some continuing to have similar symptoms. The patients with arthritis often continued to have some pain and it was difficult for me to tell them anything else as I tried to explain that it was a long term condition with little more that could be done apart from analgesia.

Interestingly there were some patients who were brought who hadn’t yet been seen by me but had been unwell for over 2 weeks…nonetheless we seemed to be making good progress and with only two sessions left, I hope that we had actually made a significant difference.

One patient in particular had made a dramatic improvement – it was the patient who I first saw in the isolation room. His skin was no longer peeling, his hair felt less dry and he was moving about and even smiling. It was amazing how quick his recovery had been – and it was good to see that they no longer were isolating him.


The afternoon and evening were much the same as normal – a bit of a rest, some time with my tandem and then dinner. As one of our housemates was leaving this weekend we went out to have dinner and there was some salsa dancing too which was great to watch. Those who were dancing were spinning each other and moving so well – one of my housemates decided there and then that he would learn how to salsa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment